With the recent intensification of the global space race, the demand for task execution in space is rapidly increasing.
GITAI applies the general-purpose autonomous space robotics technology, know-how, and experience to develop extra-vehicular robotics (EVR) that can execute docking, repair, and maintenance tasks for On-Orbit Servicing (OOS) or conduct various activities for lunar base construction and exploration.
In 2040, GITAI will be an equal partner with the world’s leading space launch companies providing affordable and safe means of labor to build cities and space colonies on the moon and Mars.
The Assembly Technician is responsible for assembling robot components, integrating with not just mechanical components but with electric components, and ensuring that the robots operate to the highest standards. Various components are continuously produced and assembly procedures are improved to increase productivity and stabilize production quality.
You will work closely with the mechanical and electrical engineers to ensure that the work is completed in a fast-paced environment.
1. Produce assemblies of metal, robot control boards, and electromechanical components for proper fit using jigs and assembly aids. Use of hand tools to place fasteners, standard epoxies, adhesives, and grease for assembly. Also, test robots, sub assemblies, and finished assemblies for defects per instructions
a. Mechatronics components assembly
b. Tighten bolts and screws to the proper torque, proper use of torque wrenches and other tools, and checking & controlling the torque
c. Adhesive and grease application
d. Cable harnesses
2. Assembly of robot electric control boards and testing their operations
a. Soldering and desoldering
3. Record tasks
a. Recording tasks performed via ERP and Emails daily
4. Improve and create assembly instructions
● High school diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred
● 2+ years of experience assembling machine components
● Experience in electromechanical assembly including wiring and inspection
● Experience in creating assembly instructions
● Experience in designing jigs for assembly
● Experience in electronic assembly and soldering
Location and Position Type
Torrance, CA/ Full time
Medical, dental, vision, basic, and supplemental life insurance.
This position is subject to compliance with U.S. export control requirements including EAR and ITAR.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is legally authorized to work in the United States. We are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
GITAI USA Inc. is Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.