With the recent intensification of the global space race, the demand for task execution in space is rapidly increasing.
GITAI applies the general-purpose autonomous space robotics technology, know-how, and experience to develop extra-vehicular robotics (EVR) that can execute docking, repair, and maintenance tasks for On-Orbit Servicing (OOS) or conduct various activities for lunar base construction and exploration.
In 2040, GITAI will be an equal partner with the world’s leading space launch companies providing affordable and safe means of labor to build cities and space colonies on the moon and Mars.
The Avionics Hardware Engineer is responsible for design development, simulation of electrical circuits, troubleshooting, repairing electrical system defects in the robot, and creating technical documentation for reference and reporting.
1. Design and testing of electrical circuits
a. Design of power supply systems for spacecraft, embedded robot systems, and servo motor drive circuits
b. Design of PCBs with MPUs, FPGAs, and DRAMs (artwork including placement and wiring)
c. Design of high-speed serial communication circuits
d. Design of high current drive circuits
e. Design of high heat dissipation boards and structures in vacuum environments
f. Participate in electrical system design review, FMEA and risk assessment and risk mitigation for product development
2. Electrical circuit simulation
b. Transient characteristic analysis
c. Thermal analysis
d. SI / PI simulation
3. Radiation-tolerant system design
a. Investigation of radiation resistant elements
b. SEE support for circuit design
c. Radiation testing
4. Repair and troubleshooting of electrical systems in robotics
a. Analysis of the problem, identification of causes, and planning countermeasures
● 3+ years of work related to electrical system designs, PCB / PWB layouts using PCB layout tool such as Altium Designer, Zuken, OrCAD
● Experience with Spice simulation
● Experience in testing and evaluation of electrical components to verify compliance with design requirements by using lab equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers
● Communicate and collaborate efficiently with other engineers and vendors
● Experience in research of academic papers
● Implementation experience for use in a space environment
● Experience in mechanical design using CAD software
○ Able to work on 3D models of simple jigs and electronic components and check for collision detection
● Experience in wiring work
○ Crimping electrical connectors
○ Wiring with robots, automobiles, etc.
● Familiar with embedded C development
● Experience in writing codes in Python
● Experience in software development using ROS
● Experience using software version control tools such as Git
● Quality evaluation
○ Defect handling in cooperation with mechanical, avionics, and software teams
○ Various reliability tests (temperature, vibration / shock, EMC, etc.)
○ Preparation of documents for various safety audits, etc.
○ Preparation of test reports
● Procurement, purchasing, and management of components
Location and Position Type
Torrance, CA/ Full time
Medical, dental, vision, basic, and supplemental life insurance.
Please submit your resume and portfolio (e.g. pdf slides that explains the products or / and projects you have worked on)
This position is subject to compliance with U.S. export control requirements including EAR and ITAR.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is legally authorized to work in the United States. We are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
GITAI USA Inc. is Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.