As the global space race has heated up in recent years, the demand for task execution in space is also growing rapidly.
GITAI applies the general-purpose autonomous space robotics technology, know-how, and experience to develop extra-vehicular robotics (EVR) that can execute docking, repair, and maintenance tasks for On-Orbit Servicing (OOS) or conduct various activities for lunar base construction and exploration.
In 2040, GITAI will be an equal partner with the world’s leading space launch companies providing affordable and safe means of labor to build space colonies and cities on the Moon and Mars.
The Robotics Software Engineer is responsible for developing software for integrated robotic systems that perform everything from object and environment recognition using image sensors to motion planning for robotic arm manipulators in collaboration with other teams.
1. Software Development for Robotic Systems
Conduct research on conventional and the latest technologies to examine software design.
Develop software for integrated robotic systems and conduct tests to evaluate software design. The software includes everything from object and environment recognition using image sensors to motion planning for robotic arm manipulators. Development is conducted by experimenting with actual robots.
2. Collaboration with Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Teams
GITAI has a high rate of in-house production, and we conduct everything from mechanical design of robots to the development of electrical circuits in-house. We collaborate with other teams to develop robots with high performance.
● Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or equivalent robotics related major, or 3+ years of work experience in the robotics field
● Proficient in writing code in C++ and Python
● Programming experience on Linux
● Experience in software development involving experiments with actual robots
● Experience in testing entire robotic systems including hardware and electrical components to improve robot quality
● Knowledge of motion planning and control of robot manipulators
● Skills and experience in developing recognition programs using images or point clouds
● Experience in robot development using ROS
● Realtime software development experience
● Embedded software development skills and experience
● Knowledge of camera and other sensor calibration
● Experience in test code implementation using CI
● Experience participating in robotics competitions (Darpa Robotics Challenge, SubT Challenge, etc.)
● Experience in software development for the space industry
Location and Position Type
Torrance, CA/ Full time
Medical, dental, vision, basic, and supplemental life insurance.
***Please let us know if you have a github account.
This position is subject to compliance with U.S. export control requirements including EAR and ITAR.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is legally authorized to work in the United States. We are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
GITAI USA Inc. is Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.