With the recent intensification of the global space race, the demand for task execution in space is rapidly increasing.
GITAI applies the general-purpose autonomous space robotics technology, know-how, and experience to develop extra-vehicular robotics (EVR) that can execute docking, repair, and maintenance tasks for On-Orbit Servicing (OOS) or conduct various activities for lunar base construction and exploration.
In 2040, GITAI will be an equal partner with the world’s leading space launch companies providing affordable and safe means of labor to build cities and space colonies on the moon and Mars.
The Robotics Mechanical Engineer is responsible for new development design from conceptual to detailed design and evaluation with attention to strength, thermal restriction, controllability, efficiency of assembly, and maintenance.
1. Requirements Definition
a. Research of existing research and technology trends
b. Develop new design concepts that can achieve the pragmatic robot performance
2. Product design
a. Proceed with both electrical and software requirements in mind to achieve optimal robot assembly configurations
b. Component selection and integration in electronic system design (discussion and integrated electrical control)
4. Testing and evaluation
a. Functional testing (operational verification testing, reliability / quality evaluation)
b. Field testing (space environmental testing, thermal / vibration evaluation)
● 3+ years of relevant experience in the design of electro-mechanical systems, mechanisms
● Advanced CAD user (Solidworks, etc.), including finite element analysis
● Experience / deep understanding of GD&T
● Hands-on skills with mechanical assembly, testing, etc.
● Experience in designing space robotics (satellites, rovers, etc.)
● Experience in designing robots
● Experience in thermal design
● Experience in R&D to production stage
● Experience in vibration tests
● Experience in performing failure analysis for design hardware.
● Understanding of aerospace metals including stainless steel, aluminum alloys, and titanium alloys.
Location and Position Type
Torrance, CA/ Full time
Medical, dental, vision, basic, and supplemental life insurance.
Please submit your resume and portfolio (e.g. pdf slides that explains the products or / and projects you have worked on)
This position is subject to compliance with U.S. export control requirements including EAR and ITAR.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is legally authorized to work in the United States. We are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
GITAI USA Inc. is Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.