As the global space race has heated up in recent years, the demand for task execution in space is also growing rapidly.
GITAI applies the general-purpose autonomous space robotics technology, know-how, and experience to develop extra-vehicular robotics (EVR) that can execute docking, repair, and maintenance tasks for On-Orbit Servicing (OOS) or conduct various activities for lunar exploration and lunar base construction.
In 2040, GITAI will be an equal partner with the world’s leading space launch companies providing affordable and safe means of labor to build space colonies and cities on the Moon and Mars.
The Robotics Systems Engineer will lead the conceptual study, architectural design, detailed to prototype design, and production of complex robotic systems in a highly novel domain.
The Robotics Systems Engineer is required to carry out the Plan-Do-Check-Act Cycle in an agile manner collaborating with a small group of members to design and develop an unprecedented system and product.
1. Robot system architecture design
a. Examine robotic system schematics based on specifications from novel domains.
b. Carry out cross-functional development keeping in mind electrical, mechanical, and software constraints.
2. Hardware development
a. Product conceptual / detailed design
3. Product assembly
a. Electronic component selection and integration (discussion and collaboration on electrical control perspectives)
4. Operation evaluation
a. Operation verification on the ground
● Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
● 5+ years of experience in mechatronics design and product development.
● Experience in mechatronics product design from concept to fabrication, including design of robotic system architecture, prototyping, validation, and testing.
● Experience in cross-functional development (working on a project with understanding and respect for the electrical, mechanical, and software engineers and promoting collaborations between them).
● Advanced CAD user (Solidworks, etc.), including finite element analysis.
● Experience with GD&T.
● Hands-on skills with mechanical assembly, testing, etc.
● Experience in designing robotic space vehicles (satellites, rovers, etc.).
● Experience in developing life-size robots.
● Experience in thermal design.
● Experience in environmental testing including vibration, EMC, and thermal testing.
● Experience in performing failure analysis for design hardware.
● Deep understanding of aerospace metals such as stainless steel, aluminum alloys, and titanium alloys.
Location and Position Type
Torrance, CA/ Full time
Medical, dental, vision, basic, and supplemental life insurance.
Please submit your resume and portfolio (e.g. pdf slides that explains the products or / and projects you have worked on)
This position is subject to compliance with U.S. export control requirements including EAR and ITAR.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is legally authorized to work in the United States. We are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
GITAI USA Inc. is Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.