With the recent intensification of the global space race, the demand for task execution in space is rapidly increasing.
GITAI applies the general-purpose autonomous space robotics technology, know-how, and experience to develop extra-vehicular robotics (EVR) that can execute docking, repair, and maintenance tasks for On-Orbit Servicing (OOS) or conduct various activities for lunar base construction and exploration.
In 2040, GITAI will be an equal partner with the world’s leading space launch companies providing affordable and safe means of labor to build cities and space colonies on the moon and Mars.
The Avionics Software Engineer is responsible for the development of embedded software for robot control, software countermeasures for spacecraft (radiation control and Computer Based Control System (CBCS)), debugging and evaluation of systems using debuggers, logic analyzers, etc.
1. Development of embedded software for robot control boards
a. 32-bit Microcontroller
i. C programming
ii. Industrial ethernet protocols
iii. Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
iv. Embedded software development considering functional safety
b. Design FPGA
i. Verilog, VHDL
ii. High-speed serial communication
iii. Digital filter design
i. Device drivers
ii. Real-time performance
2. Software countermeasures for spacecraft
a. Radiation Error Countermeasures
b. Computer Based Control System (CBCS) safety requirement support
3. Debugging and evaluation of systems using debuggers, logic analyzers, etc.
4. Communicate and collaborate efficiently with other engineers and vendors
5. Research of academic papers
● Extensive knowledge of C / C++ development
● 3+ years of experience in hands-on embedded firmware development using Linux or equivalent
● Advanced understanding and implementation skills in digital signal processing
● Basic knowledge (BS or equivalent) in the implementation of software (computer) architecture.
● Adequate knowledge of reading schematics, system configuration diagrams, and data sheets for components
● Basic knowledge of ethernet protocols
● Experience using software version control tools
● Experience in development device drivers for SoCs with Linux
● Experience in embedded software development for systems with less than 1MB of RAM
● Experience in embedded software development on Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
● Experience in development of Real-Time software
● Experience in developing software with functional safety certification
● Experience in software development using ROS
● Failure analysis and debugging to identify the cause in cooperation with mechanical, avionics, and software teams
○ Preparation of documents for various safety audits, etc.
○ Preparation of test reports
Location and Position Type
Torrance, CA/ Full time
Medical, dental, vision, basic, and supplemental life insurance.
Please submit your resume and portfolio (e.g. pdf slides that explains the products or / and projects you have worked on)
This position is subject to compliance with U.S. export control requirements including EAR and ITAR.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is legally authorized to work in the United States. We are not able to sponsor visas for this position.
GITAI USA Inc. is Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.